Words that Change Lives!
Sometimes, a simple thought can change your life. Over the years, Louise has engaged with thousands who are often determined, sometimes desperate and always open to profoundly changing their lives. In these moments, the words flow and a door opens to a discovery, an insight or a renewed desire to engage.
Below are some of the thoughts that Louise has shared over
the years. Let yourself browse to discover the one that just might help you
carve out a new path for your own evolution! Be sure to check back from time-to-time
when you're looking for that inspirational moment that could change your life!
On Being Human:
- Transformation requires safety, science and a touch of the sacred. Anything
less, and what we get is incremental change.
- Writing frees me in some way; allows me to be me, even when I'm not sure I know just who that might be! In the dance of intermingling truths, I find my way to a meaningful life.
- We are more concerned with ’the truth' of an external judge than we are about an internal truth which can only be judged by us.
- The greatest gift you can give
another human being is the depth of your own clarity.
- The best way to silence
someone is to teach them that they have nothing meaningful to say.
- We compromise ourselves because we think that if we let
others see who we really are, they’ll move away from us. The paradox
is that when we do that, we end up not liking who we are and have already
moved away from ourselves.
- To know the lie is one thing; to live it, day after day
after day, will kill you.
- Our solution to any problem is dependent on how we define
that problem. Our potential as human beings is trapped in the limitaion
of what we define ourselves to be.
- We have developed the habit of denying the wisest counsel – our
- The only thing you can trust without question is that your
body will never lie to you.
- I know what truth feels like inside me, just like I can
recognize deception. And so do you!
- I can complain about my life or I can own it and ask different
- We continue to live in a world that appears mindlessly
committed to its own demise. It reminds me of lemmings, finding comfort
in their togetherness and racing eagerly to the edge of the cliff!
- We have surrendered the truth of our own experience to
the so-called wisdom of the collective. Have we noticed yet how scarey
- If we are not telling what is true for us, then what we
tell is untrue. This untruth then creates our environments - our lives
- that are illusions.
- The quality of my life is not dependent on the accuracy
of my answers but on the courage of my questions.
- Leadership is not a behaviour, it's a result that unfolds naturally from our willingness to engage authentically! The alternative is to sit on the sidelines of life and tell stories about how it could have or should have been.
- Entrepreneurial is a state of mind that is essential to tranforming a state of being.
- Our problems will not be solved by looking back. Nor will they be solved by bringing who we have been into a future that is desperate for who we must become.
- Our greatest challenges are rooted in our unwavering commitment to our own mediocrity and relentless pursuit of incremental change.
- We are just beginning to discover the power of contagion of the awakened, organic collective that we are. To some, it is strangely and frighteningly profound.
- The paradigm shift we seek will not be found inside the one we're in. To discover it, we must be willing to let go not only of what we know but of how we know, and surrender to the intelligence of the body. To do otherwise is to crave the discovery of distant lands while unwilling to leave familiar shores.
- How can we ever intelligently explore other than what we have if we are adamant that what we have is all there is?
- As we step into and claim the undeniable truth of who we are, our world changes. And yet, all we've done is show up for our own life.
- The need is not just for women to lead, it is for women to redefine leadership... and its results.
- Trusting the truth of your own experience opens the gateway to expanded consciousness and accelerated evolution.
- The joke is on us: in order to accelerate consciousness and personal evolution, we must actually slow down enough to be fully present in our own bodies. Our body is the gateway to what we seek, and far more powerful than the intellect will ever be.
- Power resides in the capacity to choose, not in the choice itself.
- Far more powerful than any dogma is an awakened organic collective and its capacity for contagion. That's what makes it so terrifying to the status quo.
- With the power of choice comes the experience of creating. With the power of conscious choice comes the awareness that we have always been creating!
- The situation we find ourselves in today is not the result of something gone wrong – it’s the consistent result of something gone according to plan.
- Parenting is the other gift that keeps on giving!
- There is no more urgent, relevant and globally potent form of leadership than parenting. Unfortunately for far too many, it is also the most destructive in the moment, and devastating to human potential and its expression of the future.
- The legacy of who I will have become, from one choice to the next, will greatly shape who our children are capable of becoming.
- Perhaps we will become willing to do for our children what we have not been willing to do for ourselves.
- Our children have their own unhappy workplace - it's called 'school'.
- Our children are killing each other. Are we ready to pay attention, own the outcome and transform how we have shaped them through parenting?
- We continue to use demands for more money to let the powers-that-be know that we are not pleased.
- I cannot create a system (i.e. family, corporate, community, etc.) that is greater than my own tolerance for uncertainty.
- Corporate culture is not a thing on its own. It is a reflection of the internal states of the human beings who have created it.
- We continue to create work environments that are structured according to the parent-child model and then resent being treated like children.
To get in touch with Louise, send an email to: Louise@LouiseLeBrun.com